Thursday, August 16, 2007

A little something else...

Ever have those days when you just want to color? You just want a pack of brand new crayons or nice sharp pencils to scribble with... even better, water colour pencils and a nice quality brush? I've been longing to do some water colour pencilin'. Finally, finally, I got my chance. The other day while I was at Michael's I snuck into my basket a Derwent Watercolor Pencil Pod (just the 12 pencil starter set), an 8x5 spiral water colour pad from Cotman, and a random fancy schmancy paintbrush from the "serious" painting section (hee hee). I didn't have any ideas before I started it just came out. How fun! I still have to get the hang of what my water color pencils can do but I really like what happens to the color when you add water. Very cool. (^_^)

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Looks great! I meant to tell you about a cool thrift store just for crafts that was in Sebastopol when I lived there. I don't remember the name. I'm curious if it's still there. It was a great place to pick things on the cheap. They had yarn and fabric an all kinds of stuff.

Amigurumi Girl said...

awwww Thanks for the thought! Sounds like it was a cool store. The festival was held in Ragle Park, was the store near there? Next time I'm planning to go to Sebastopol I'll try to remember to remind you to tell me more about it! (~_^)v heh heh

Anonymous said...

aww that is so very sweet....i hope that you do more of these...it's so you...it actually reminds me of childrens illustration...so very well done!!!i hope you start posting for illustraion friday on your blog...it reminds me of this http://meicas.blogspot.com/or this
http://majeakann.wordpress.com/ or this illustrator http://itsawhimsicallife.blogspot.com/2006/02/two-cute-little-guys-for-my-cute.html